The Bargaining Team met with the Company today and passed the Union’s proposal on the Health Care Plan. We passed a proposal that would provide real relief to the lower paid title as well as containing the costs to the higher paid titles. We designed this to be cost neutral to the company.
We aren’t even asking for more. We are only asking to maintain our current level of coverage while maintaining the same cost structure to our members.
We passed the proposal late this morning. The Company rejected our proposal less than 3 hours later. We are outraged that the company gave so little consideration to such an important benefit to our membership.
After the Company rejected our proposals for DTV and the USVI to be part of Article 43, the company passed proposals today to carry forward the following with no changes:
Appendix A – DTV
- Section 2 – Classification of Employees
- Section 3 – Seniority
- Section 4 – Company-Union Relations
- Section 5 – Time Off
- Section 6 – Working Conditions
- Section 8 – Force Adjustment
- Article B – Definitions
- Article C – Union Business
- Article D – Grievance Procedure
- Article E – Arbitration
- Article G – Travel
- Article H – Absence
- Article I – Paid Time Off
- Article K – No Strike/No Lockout
- Article L – Management Rights
- Article N – Discipline
- Article O – Hours of Work
- Article P – Contracting Out
- Article Q – Non-Discrimination
- Staffing – ATS Transfer System (ATS)
- Article M – Safety – Local Safety Committee
Remember, the company’s net profit in 2017 was 29.3 billion dollars. That equates to 80,273,972 dollars a day including Holidays (that’s like you winning the Powerball every day of the year).
We will continue to work towards a fair and just contract for all.
Your Bargaining Committee
Mary Ellen Mazzeo
Make sure you’re signed up to receive news and updates via text message by texting the word LegT to 69866.
E-mail: email@example.com, with photos from your Mobilization actions.
We have received some reports that lend us to make some clarification in bargaining terminology.
- Proposals passed: is a proposal passed across the table for consideration by either the Union or Company
- T/A: means Tentative Agreement, meaning we are in agreement on this item/ issue at this time
- Rejected: means either the Union or the Company is not interested in the language of that proposal.
- Accepted: Means either party is accepting the proposal
- Amended: is when either party makes changes to an existing proposal that is on the table
- Withdrew: Is a proposal that has been withdrawn by either party and is no longer up for consideration